Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ainul
New Contributor

config HA mode set to cluster, it can not access to gui or ping to IP for management

Hi All,

I config FGT1500D on HA mode, it 's still standalone mode  and then  HA mode we change to cluster, the unit can not be accessed or ping again to ip address is device and when we change HA mode back to standalone , it can to ping again or access to GUI, why happened like this, can you find this case above, please help me ,

*the summary is change mode HA from standalone to cluster it device can't access more. if we back to standalone mode , it can ping again or access.

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Thank you for reminding me about this problem, which we seemed to have the same in some of our 1500D a-p HA clusters. I'm assuming it happens only on the slave unit in your case too. We don't use it so often so we left the problem undealt for long time. But I finally open a TT at TAC and yesterday we had a remote debug session.

The cause was the interface subnet was not on the routing table in HA management vdom vsys_hamgmt, which is not visible with regular command. The tech broke HA and re-built mgmt1 ha-management interface on both unit and recover it.

You can check if your case is the same as ours or not with below command at your managment vdom (if multi-vdom environment):

xxx-xxx (management) # diagnose ip router command show-vrf vsys_hamgmt show ip route

Codes: K - kernel, C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, B - BGP

O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area

N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2

E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2

i - IS-IS, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2, ia - IS-IS inter area

* - candidate default

C       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx is directly connected, mgmt1

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors