Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sirajtp
New Contributor

Fortigate cloud subscription

Dear support team,

I have a requirement to provide solution for IT/OT network segregation. Kindly advise if the below consideration is ok.

I am planning to use F90G HA firewall cluster between IT and OT (2gbps IPS throughput including all enterprise and OT subscription?)

Use FS-124F-FPOE to connect OT devices (manage via FortiLink)

Use FAP-231G and FAP-433G for WiFi access.

Use FC1-10-EMS04-428-01-36 for SSL VPN service subscription.

Use FortiToken for both WiFi captive portal and VPN.

To manage the devices and event logging, use Fortgate cloud (assuming the part code is FC-10-0090G-131-02-36).

Question 1: From the data sheet of fortigate cloud, it is mentioned that log retention perried is 1 year only. Is there a way to increase this?

Question 2: What the daily limit or storate limitation in the cloud of transferring the date from firewall to Fortigate cloud?

Question 3: Do we need to buy 2xFC-10-0090G-131-02-36 if we implement two 90G firewalls in HA active/passive mode?
Question 4: Advise about the switch if that is fit to use on OT side?
Question 5: Advise about the SSL VPN subscription is ok to use?
Question 6: Advise about the Fortitoken whether we can use the single named user subscription for both WiFi and SSL VPN?
Question7: Can I confirm Fortigate cloud will provide exact function of Fortimanager cloud and Fortianalyzer cloud?
Thank you in advance for your advise.

Regards,
Siraj
Regards,Siraj
3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Siraj,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Siraj,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
rtanagras
Staff
Staff

Hi @sirajtp - Let me try to answer your other questions.

Question 1: From the FortiGate Cloud datasheet, it is mentioned that the log retention period is only 1 year. Is there a way to increase this?

Answer: As far as I know, we only have a one-year log retention limit, and I'm not aware if the FortiCloud team offers extended on-demand log storage options. If you want to confirm, you can reach out to our sales team about this.

Question 2: What is the daily limit or storage limitation in the cloud for transferring data from the firewall to FortiGate Cloud?

Answer: I don't have a direct answer for this, but as far as I remember, they do not advertise a specific daily transfer limit for Firewall logs.

Question 3: Do we need to buy 2xFC-10-0090G-131-02-36 if we implement two 90G firewalls in HA active/passive mode?

Answer: For this, it seems you only need one because the license applies to the management solution, not individual firewalls in the cluster.

Question 4: Advice about the switch if it is fit to use on the OT side?

Answer: It's better to contact the Fortinet Local Partner and Sales Team about this. But if you want to push through with the FS-124F-FPOE, it should be okay as long as you consider various factors like security hardening options, industrial certifications, and potential vulnerabilities.

Question 5: Advice about the SSL VPN subscription—is it okay to use?

Answer: FC1-10-EMS04-428-01-36 SSL VPN subscription should be suitable, but double-check if it covers the number of required concurrent users. Contact our Sales and Customer Service Team about this.

Question 6: Advice about the FortiToken—can we use the single named user subscription for both WiFi and SSL VPN?

Answer: Yes, a single FortiToken named user subscription can likely be used for both WiFi captive portal and SSL VPN. However, verify this with Fortinet licensing to ensure it aligns with your intended usage model. Contact our Sales and Customer Service Team.

Question 7: Can I confirm that FortiGate Cloud will provide the exact function of FortiManager Cloud and FortiAnalyzer Cloud?

Answer: FortiGate Cloud focuses on centralized device management, basic configuration, and limited log access. FortiManager Cloud provides advanced configuration and device management, including automation, while FortiAnalyzer Cloud delivers in-depth security analytics and reporting.

Best,
Ricky
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors