Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marciohx
New Contributor

Problem implementation FORTILINK

My friends, I have two switches 424E and two 148F. The SWs are with version 6.4.6. My Fortigate VM is version 6.4.4. My topology is very simple! The two 424E receive the same fortilink (a STACK) and each with a 148F. But this is not working! I turned off the "split interface" as recommended. Only one side is working( 424E + 148F). Is there a problem or configuration on VMWARE (vswith for example) !? If I use two Fortilinks (two STACKs), I see two working! I need to have all switches on the same STACK. Thanks in advanced, Marcio - HXBRASIL
5 REPLIES 5
nicerobot_FTNT

Marcio,

You'll have to set up MC-LAG between the 424E's using an ICL (inter-chassis link) then connect the 148Fs via ISL to each 424E. Only after you set up the MC-LAG would you disable split interface on the FortiLink. Have you gone through the multi-chassis LAG setup?

Thanks

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

marciohx

Thanks for the answer! But which topology should I use? a) Two FORTLINKS interfaces or b) A FORTILINK interface

Thank you again!

Marcio

nicerobot_FTNT

You're going to have ONE FortiLink interface with two interfaces in it. You will just add multiple interfaces in the FortiLink interface setup:

edit "FortiLink"

set vdom "root"

set fortilink enable

set ip 192.168.121.1 255.255.255.0

set allowaccess ping fabric

set type aggregate

set member "port23" "port24"

set description "FortiLink"

set lldp-reception enable

set lldp-transmission enable

set snmp-index 9

set auto-auth-extension-device enable

set lacp-mode static

next

Most of this should be pretty intuitive from the GUI interface.

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

marciohx

My fried,

You very nice! Thank you for everything! But it still didn't work! It really should be easy, but I don't know what's going on! See my configuration:

edit "fortilink" set vdom "root" set fortilink enable set ip 169.254.1.1 255.255.255.0 set allowaccess ping fabric set type aggregate set member "port9" "port10" set lldp-reception enable set lldp-transmission enable set snmp-index 12 set auto-auth-extension-device enable set fortilink-split-interface disable set switch-controller-nac "fortilink" set swc-first-create 127 set lacp-mode static next

What do you think about it? is there problem in the VMWARE?  set member "port9" "port10" - only one port working for time.  I have only the half of the topology!  Do you have idea?  

The FORTIGATE VM is implemented in a host ESXi 6.0 STANDALONE.

Thank you very much!
Marcio

ac1
Contributor II

You need to create a new fortilink interface that is not of type aggregate.

You must create a new hardware switch and set it a FortiLink interface with the command:

set fortilink enable

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors