Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sreya0302
New Contributor

Maximum number of API calls that can be made at once on Fortigate so that its not overload

Hi I am making a script which requires me to call multiple devices so I wanted to know what is the maximum limit of number of API calls that can be made at a time on Fortigate so that its not overloaded.
5 REPLIES 5
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

Hi,

There is no explicit limit on the number of API calls that can be made by an authenticated user.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I highly doubt you can overload it, but fwiw we've manage dozen or so fgt with API and makes hundreds or thousands of GET/POST in a minute and never seen any issues.

I find the API to be quick but believe it or not a script upload is just as quick maybe quicker. Example

we push 8k host objects via API and then did the same with a script upload , the script was much quicker. Probably due to the overhead of TCP/HTTPS etc.....

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
sreya0302

Hi thanks for the help. Also wanted to ask if there is any throttling limitation or limitation per user for number of sessions?
sreya0302

Hi thanks for the help. Also wanted to ask if there is any throttling limitation or limitation per user for number of sessions?
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

There is not. There are only throttling limits on failed authentication attempts with API keys.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors