Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alexaders
New Contributor

VPN SSL with split tunnel disabled does not work properly

Hi everyone, I have a pretty big problem. Then I created an SSL VPN with Split tunnel disabled, the vpn connects and works, but it seems not to resolve the DNS, in fact if I poodle the google 8.8.8.8 dns, I get an "expired request" In practice I wish that when I connect with the VPN, all traffic must pass through the public IP of the firewall. So when I'm going to do a "WhatsMyip", I have to get the IP from the firewall and not my public. I remember that the VPN connects, works and I can also do Google searches, but when I enter any website, it times out. In addition, if I ping with cmd example: ping google.it only resolve ipv6 and not ipv4 .

my configuration:

DNS Server is DC01 E DC02

So when I go to resolve my ip, on any website, it must be 46.44.xx.xx and not my public ip

Thank You Guys

6 REPLIES 6
orani
Contributor II

You need a policy to allow traffic form SSLVPN to wan1 interface and destination all.

Orestis Nikolaidis

Network Engineer/IT Administrator

Orestis Nikolaidis Network Engineer/IT Administrator
Alexaders

orani wrote:

You need a policy to allow traffic form SSLVPN to wan1 interface and destination all.

ok so I should change my policy like this:

Incoming Interface : ssl vpn tunnel interface:

Outgoing inteferface : WAN1

destination: all

????

orani

No. Do not change the policy you posted above. Create a new one with

incoming interface: sslvpn

outgoing interface: wan1

source: same as at your previous rule

destination: all

nat: enabled

Orestis Nikolaidis

Alexaders

not working

as you can see, I can do searches on google, but it seems that it does not risk pinging the dns, also it does not resolve the websites in ipv4. Where am I doing wrong?

orani

This might be a dns issue and not a fortigate configuration issue

Orestis Nikolaidis

lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

It looks to me like your tunnel mode config is handing out different IPs than what you are using in your policy as the source address.  I know this is a very old thread so you've probably figured that out if that was the case, but if not I hope that helps.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors