Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jamesc
New Contributor

ssl-vpn and interfaces

im new to fortigate

so

firewall fortigate vdom

int outside

int inside

int wifi

policy for ssl-vpn to inside set up

sll-vpn setup and works outside to inside

listeniing on the outside interface

url used by forticlient resolves to public ip to outside interface

all good

on the firewall i have another interface that wifi clients are on ( for basic browsing etc )

i was hoping the ssl-vpn cleint would work if they ever needed to connect to the inside for any reason

given the forticlient would resolve to the public ip of the outside interface i thought as would be ok

but its not, it wont connect.

im new to any diag cli commands so dont know them all any tips appreciated

the forticlient gets to 10% and stops for clients on wifi interface

Am i missing anything obvious.

a policy or something?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
hubertzw
Contributor III

If I understand correctly you have sslvpn on outside interface and you would like to have the same for wifi users. You can add the 'wifi' interface in 'SSL VPN settings' in the section 'listen on port'. I never used it 2 sslvpn ports but I think it should work.

jamesc

id like users on the wif interface to be able to usee the ssl vpn

In the forticlient we pushed out via gpo and reg settings the remote gateway is a url that is resolved to the ip of the outside interface

so this is the one listening, the clients on the wifi interfcae will resolve to to outside interface which iis listening

i cant see why adding the wifi interface to listen will have the desired effect, but i have tried it but with no success.

i would like to avoid users have to change the gateway url or ip and just leave it as the default outside interface one

so i cant see this working unless the users need to change the gateway which i dont want them to have to do.

but is that the only way?

do you agree?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors