Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Darvid
New Contributor

LDAP User and VPN Portal issue

Hi all

I try to give a VPN Portal access to a new user.

User Definition/Remote LDAP User

First issue : choose an LDAP Server (I have 7 defined).. get the tree of OU, but no accounts are displayed ! and a popup print "Timed out"

Only one of my seven defined LDAP Server is displaying correctly accounts. So I can select the user, put it in the authorized groups.

Second issue : I can't use nor vpn portal or vpn-ssl.

In VPN event log, I have the message "SSL user failed to logged in", in detail, I can see under Action : "sslvpn_login_unknown_user" and Source the groupe is not displayed, it seem the user isn't find in LDAP.

I've test connectivity on each ldap server and it's successful.

Is there a known bug with 5.6.4 release or an ldap query limitation ? there are thousands of accounts in AD but so far, I have never had any problems with that..

David

4 REPLIES 4
Darvid
New Contributor

I also test 

diagnose test authserver ldap <server> <account> <password> Succeed with group membership ok

IShall
New Contributor

Hello,

We recently purchased some Fortigates (based on pre-sales advice), having a requirement that user authentication on an SSL portal could be configured to use LDAP AND RADIUS (not OR). i.e. on logon to the portal, the user needs to enter both LDAP and RADIUS credentials.

I have got both LDAP and RADIUS to work individually, however cannot see how to force both.

Fortinet support has told me I now need to purchase a FortiAuthenticator if I want to do this.

Has anyone managed to do this or do I really need the additional kit ?

Kind regards,

FGT310B MR3 Patch 15 FMGR MR3 Patch 8
IShall
New Contributor

Apologies, this should been a new thread :(

Alivo__FTNT

Hello David, the timeout issue should be possible to overcome by adjusting number of seconds that the FortiGate waits for responses from remote RADIUS, LDAP, or TACACS+ authentication servers:

config system global  set remoteauthtimeout X (X for number of seconds, default being 5) end This could also resolve your next issue. It is useful for large LDAP environments. P.S. The 7 ldaps point to the same LDAP database?

Alivo

livo

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors