Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Raghavendra
New Contributor

Could not add the Ports to Switch interface

HI,

I am trying to add the aggregated intf / port 3 /4 intf in software switch but getting error as entry not found in datasource, VDOM is set. COuld someone please help on this

This is 3000D model

edit "Aggregated" set vdom "root" set vlanforward enable set type aggregate set member "port3" "port4" set device-identification enable set role lan set snmp-index 22

edit "port3" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 3 next edit "port4" set vdom "root" set type physical set snmp-index 4

===============

config system switch-interface edit "VXLAN-SW" set vdom "root" set member "VXLAN_IPSEC" next end

(VXLAN-SW)# set member port3 entry not found in datasource

value parse error before 'port3' Command fail. Return code -3

I could not see any ports 

(VXLAN-SW) # set member *interface-name Physical interface name. VXLAN_IPSEC interface port6 interface port7 interface port8 interface port9 interface port10 interface port11 interface port12 interface port13 interface port14 interface port15 interface port16 interface

6 REPLIES 6
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Once you aggregated two physical interfaces port3 and port4, you can't configure almost anything to individual ports. They act as a single port as you configured "Aggregated". If you want to add them to a soft-switch, you have to add "Aggregated" as a port.

Raghavendra

Hi,

Thanks. But unfortunately I am not seeing any of those ports, Only I am seeing the Unused ports.

(VXLAN-SW) # set member *interface-name Physical interface name. VXLAN_IPSEC interface port6 interface port7 interface port8 interface port9 interface port10 interface port11 interface port12 interface port13 interface port14 interface port15 interface port16 interface

Toshi_Esumi

Perhaps it's already referred by something, like DHCP server or policy, then it can't be a new member of another logical interface. Just go to Network->Interfaces view in GUI and check the number of references on the far right of "Aggregated" interface row.

Or in CLI at the top of the config tree, type "show | grep -f Aggregated".

Raghavendra

Yes the interface is tagged with 4 Policies, system HA and 15 system Vlan interface . It is not possible to remove the vlan interfaces but with the policies, it is possible.

Will it work if I remove these policies. Please suggest

Raghavendra

And I tried removing the policies. It dint help

ede_pfau

You need to remove ALL references to the aggr. port in order to be able to add it to the switch.

Usually it's easier to save the config in cleartext, edit in the changes and restore it to the FGT (will reboot).

I'd doubt this really makes sense as a software switch will prevent the FGT from offloading traffic to the ASIC. The CPU load will rise substantially. Might perhaps work if you use an aggregated port for redundancy only.

And the 3000D does not have a hardware switch ('conf sys virtual-switch')?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors