Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
phill_brown
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer - help needed with custom report

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me out in setting up a custom report, I am struggling to get the right data out.

I am not after anything too complex, simply a report to show:

[ul]
  • the top 20 URLs/IPs accessed (by sessions) for a specified category over the past 24 hours.
  • I'd hopefully like to be able to define the category prior to running the report, rather than it being hard-coded in the report.[/ul]

Now, there are default reports showing similar information (such as showing top categories by sessions, just not top sessions per category) so I know this should be possible but being quite new to the Analyser I am not quite sure how!

Thanks in advance,

Phill

• 3 REPLIES 3
    brazz_FTNT
    Staff
    Staff

Hello, 

How about below dataset ?

SELECT coalesce(nullifna(`user`), nullifna(`unauthuser`), ipstr(`srcip`)) AS "Source", appcat AS "Application", hostname AS "Host", count(*) AS "Sessions"
    FROM $log
    WHERE $filter AND nullifna(appcat) is not null AND nullifna(hostname) is not null
    GROUP BY "Application" , "Source", "Host"
    ORDER BY "Sessions" desc
    LIMIT 20

Let me know if this works for you. 

Cheers

phill_brown

Thanks for the update, apologies for the delay in responding.

I have configured the dataset as above however I am unsure how to apply this to a report! As mentioned, I'm new to the Analyser and there doesn't appear to be a great deal of documentation online about setting up these reports and utilising datasets.

brazz_FTNT
    Staff
    Staff

Hello, 

[ul]
  • If you are are using pre-defined reports , all is done you just need to run your report. 
  • If you would like to create above data-set, once is created, you must insert the chart into your report. [/ul]

Since you are new to the Fortinet's world , I would strongly suggest you review [link=https://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/4592/FortiAnalyzer-6.0.2-Administration-Guide.pdf]FortiAnalyzer Administration Guide -section  Reports from page 93[/link]  . 

I have also attached a very brief graph for you. 

Rate my post if you find it helpful .

*** This is just a very general overview. If you need more explanation you can either create a ticket with Fortinet support or take the NSE5 courses (FAZ section) 

Cheers

• Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors