Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LuisMLG
New Contributor

web filters to VPN SSL Web-Portal mode

Hi guys,

I created a specific SSL-VPN Portal for a specific group of people and I configured it just to use the web-Mode. Everything is working fine, but the issue is I'd like to apply some web filters for these guys to restrict the access just to some websites.

I tried to apply the web-filter security profile to the rule which allows the traffic toward the internet but doesn't work.

I have the Split tunnelling disabled.

Firewall mode: Flow-Based.

Any idea?

Thanks guys!!

3 REPLIES 3
LuisMLG
New Contributor

I noted, sniffing the traffic, that the source IP when I connect with VPN WEB-mode is the IP client, and it's not assigned for fortigate like if you connect using the FortiClient and the source interface is WAN1 and not root.SSL

LuisMLG
New Contributor

I found out that the traffic generated form web-mode VPN-SSL is not coming from ssl.root.

I tried to figure out which is the source interface for the Web-Mode connections but I didn't find anything in your documentation.

any clue guys?

Thanks.

Bubu

Verify that you have configured the SSL VPN correctly:

http://cookbook.fortinet.com/ssl-vpn-using-web-tunnel-mode-60/

Apply the policy to allow users using the VPN portal to browse on the web via the Fortigate and apply the webfilter profile :

config firewall policy edit "your ID policy" set name "SSL VPN Access" set srcintf "ssl.root" set dstintf "WAN1" set srcaddr "SSLVPN_TUNNEL_ADDR1" set dstaddr "all" set action accept set schedule "always" set service "ALL" set utm-status enable set logtraffic all set groups "SSLVPN-Group" set users "SSLVP-User" set webfilter-profile "Block_All" set ssl-ssh-profile "certificate-inspection" set nat enable next end

You can also manage bookmarks by user group and disable user bookmarks:

config vpn ssl web portal

edit <portal-name>

set user-group-bookmark [enable | disable]

next

end

config vpn ssl web user-group-bookmark

edit <group-name>

config bookmark

edit <bookmark1>

next

end