Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nickoarg
New Contributor

Reports and the IP addresses for self-originated traffic

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Fortinet product family. I've implemented recently a FG100D for a customer. The ISPfor this customer has a particular way of setting the WAN configurations. The WAN config for my interface has a private IP address. The default gateway is also a private address. To allow for internet access for the users I've defined a NAT rule so that traffic comming from the LAN hitting the default route will be NATed to the public IP. So far so good. The issue starts when I need the Fortigate to communicate with the rest of the outside world. I did have to dig arround a bit to get information regarding this particular settings because by default, the fortigate asumes that the address for the WAN is public and reacheable.

I've defined the following settings:

# get system source-ip status
The following services force their communication to use
a specific source IP address:

service=NTP source-ip=200.PUB.PUB.1
service=DNS source-ip=200.PUB.PUB.1
service=Fortiguard source-ip=200.PUB.PUB.1
service=Alert Email source-ip=200.PUB.PUB.1

According to the doc

This way the Fortigate is able to communicate and recognize the license and it is working correctly. The issue comes when I want to use the Forticloud reports. I receive an empty report by email every day. On forticloud it reports:

System Status
Management Tunnel is Down

And under the Management menu it says:

Config Management has not been enabled.

Enable Config Management 

I don't seem to be able to find the source-ip settings for this specific service, if there is any, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Could someone look at this? Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors