Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
joko
New Contributor

filter Port Forwarding By Mac Address

hi all,

I create port forwarding for my server to be accessed from outside for few users is it possible to filter users based on mac addresses so  only registered MAC Address users can access this server and please show me how ??? 

Thanks in advance for help.

6 REPLIES 6
Nicholas_Doropoulos
Contributor

It should be possible if you try the following:

1) Port forwarding is done with a VIP on Fortigate. As such, you would have to create a New Virtual IP under Policy & Objects > Virtual IPs. Your server's IP address would have to go into the "Mapped IP Address/Range" field which would then be mapped to an IP address with the same subnet mask as the source in the "External IP Address/Range" field. Enable Port Forwarding and supply the same port in both fields. Repeat the same process for every server you wish to grant access to.

2) Then navigate to User & Device > Custom Devices & Groups and specify the device's MAC address there along with all other necessary details. Repeat the same process for every other device you want to allow traffic from.

3) Next, create a new Device Group under User & Device > Custom Devices & Groups and select all previously configured devices as "members".

4) Finally, create a new policy under Policy & Objects > IPv4 Policy. Select the Device Group as the source and the VIP as the destination. 

I hope the above helps.

NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3

NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3
joko

Hi nick,

Have you configured your laptop under Custom Devices & Groups? If yes, is that object included somewhere else (i.e. another policy etc.)?

==> Yes i configure my laptop under custom devices and groups, NO im not use this on other policy 

Have you configured any other Custom Devices & Groups? If yes, put one of them as the source just to see if the problem would occur with them too.

==> I'll try this today and update To you

Thanks,

joko
New Contributor

Hi Nick,

Thanks for advance, I've done the steps you mentioned but it still does not work hare I attach my Policy use " Source from my laptop" , but when I change the source To all It can be work....is there something I might have missed

Note : 

i Use Fortigate 201 E 

v5.6.4 build1575 (GA) 

Nicholas_Doropoulos

Hi Joko,

Could you confirm the following please:

- Have you configured your laptop under Custom Devices & Groups? If yes, is that object included somewhere else (i.e. another policy etc.)?

- Have you configured any other Custom Devices & Groups? If yes, put one of them as the source just to see if the problem would occur with them too.

Many thanks.

joko
New Contributor

hi nick, 

sory Just Update the status this problem Already solved and the problem is not On my laptop But I have to add ... Additional MACs Of my Fortigate and my cisco switch  .... Thanks for your Help 

Joko 

Nicholas_Doropoulos

No problem at all, any time!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors