Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yeowkm99
Contributor

enable snmp to opmanager

i am trying to enable snmp to management engine opmanager.

but it does not seems to work.

what are the proper steps to configure the fortigate

2 Solutions
yeowkm99

this is what i have configure on my fortigate 401E with fortiOS 7.2.7

FGT401E-1 # config system snmp sysinfo

config system snmp sysinfo
set status enable
set description "fortigate"
set contact-info "dept"
set location "company"

config system snmp community
edit 2
set name "snmp"
config hosts
edit 1
set ip 172.16.XX.XX 255.255.255.255
next
end
next
end

after adding device to opmanager, i see this at the top of the screen

Credentials not configured Add valid Credential to monitor the performance metrics of this device

View solution in original post

ozkanaltas

Hello @yeowkm99 ,

Your snmp configuration seems right. Did you enable snmp access on the interface? 

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
5 REPLIES 5
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @yeowkm99 ,

You can find the snmp configuration order in this document. If you have any questions about snmp configuration you can ask. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/325005/basic-configuration

Also, this document includes snmp configuration examples. If you want you can review this document also.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/614237/snmp-examples

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
yeowkm99

this is what i have configure on my fortigate 401E with fortiOS 7.2.7

FGT401E-1 # config system snmp sysinfo

config system snmp sysinfo
set status enable
set description "fortigate"
set contact-info "dept"
set location "company"

config system snmp community
edit 2
set name "snmp"
config hosts
edit 1
set ip 172.16.XX.XX 255.255.255.255
next
end
next
end

after adding device to opmanager, i see this at the top of the screen

Credentials not configured Add valid Credential to monitor the performance metrics of this device

ozkanaltas

Hello @yeowkm99 ,

Your snmp configuration seems right. Did you enable snmp access on the interface? 

yeowkm99

yes, snmp enabled on my lan interface

set ip 172.16.x.x 255.255.0.0
set allowaccess ping https ssh snmp

ozkanaltas

Hello @yeowkm99

Is your problem solved or not? Sorry for the confusion.

if not resolved, you can try a few more things. 

If you use a trusted host on your administrator accounts. You need to add the opmanager IP address to this list. 

Also, can you try with SNMPv3? Because your opmanager gives an error "credential not configured".  SNMPv3 supports configure with credentials. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors