Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kocak
New Contributor

Why use FortiSandbox with Eset Live Guard? Is there a reason?

Can anyone tell me the only reason to use FortiSandbox together with ESET Live Guard, which is deployed on endpoints and mailboxes on the internal mail server? FortiSandbox would be deployed on FortiGate and FortiMail. Is there any argument for this use case when ESET LiveGuard has unlimited files sent from endpoints.

4 REPLIES 4
Stephen_G

Hello kocak,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Stephen_G

Hello kocak,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP. Though as it is the holidays, this may take some time.

Regards,

Stephen_G

Hello kocak,

Sorry, but I have been unable to get you an answer.

If you haven't already, you may have better luck contacting Sales or Support on this: https://www.fortinet.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us

Regards,

Cajuntank
Contributor II

Can you elaborate on your FortiSandbox (e.g... is it a on premise appliance, PaaS) or are you referring to the Cloud Sandbox that's "free" with some of the UTM licensing for FortiGates and FortiMail (based on your question reads, even though you said FortiSanbox, this is how I am perceiving it). I ask the question just for some added functionality you'd get if this was an on premise appliance for example.

Since you have FortiMail, this is your first line of defense when it comes to any sandboxing (assuming the correct licensing in place) for email traffic (why spend the resources on your server to process mail and defense when if you can process defense on the FortiMail so your email server can do what it was meant to do and serve mail). In regards to your FortiGate, this would be all other network traffic flowing through it (HTTPS, HTTP, FTP, CIFS, SSH, etc...) at the network level....but having something at the host level is also warranted due to devices that might go off your network, and depending on your traffic flows from your FortiGate in regards to them being flow or proxy based, there could be things that could get missed and make it to the host level, thus again, having that host level solution make sense. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors