Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
janro
New Contributor

What is the default value?

Hi!

I have FortiOS 6.4.5 installed.

How to know the default value of some variable (ie set snat-hairpin-traffic) while there is not this row in configuration?

5 REPLIES 5
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

The default value is indicated in the documentation you referenced (in your original post), but as a rule you can always do a "get" at a given config branch to see all the various values set.  For example, just like you can do "show system settings" or "config system settings" and then run "show", you can also run "get system settings" or "config system settings" and then "get".  I love the FortiGate CLI syntax once I got the hang of it.

janro
New Contributor

Yes, there are subcommands (set,unset,show,get etc).

My misunderstanding is that as far as I have not set the variable (ie snat-hairpin-traffic) it is neither enabled nor disabled. get and show do not inform me about that. But what is the value that Fortigate uses?

lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean about "get" not informing you about that.  "Show" doesn't display anything if it is currently set to the default value, but "get" absolutely does.  I just verified this on my FW running the same code as you.  For me it's about the 10th value down (if you're not already using grep to filter your output).

commutator

You can use the command 'show full' to display all the settings including those set to the defaults. It works in context like 'show' so if you're editing one policy it'll show just that policy's settings. ...Fred
janro

Thanks! Get works, probably I ran it in wrong place. show full also great!

For other newbies: use grep for simplification. For example: show full | grep gui

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors