Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sliver001
New Contributor

Traffic Shaping Policies - QOS for video band (NVR)

How to run a QOS rule for video transmission from an NVR? I added "Traffic Shapers" for 100 kbps and "Traffic Shaping Policies" for ALL TCP/UDP 1-65535 and when copying files, the rule limits the bandwidth, but when playing video (Hikvision iVMS program) I have full bandwidth. I have a Fortigate 60F.

2.JPG

1.JPG3.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

As per my understanding and experience with traffic shaping, you have to know where is the client application side and server application side.

A correct policy would be as follows:

• Source Interface: Interface on which the client App is located
  • Ongoing Interface: Interface on which the client server App is located

If I'm not wrong in your policy I feel like your client application is in the "internal" interface, and you have set it as Outgoing Interface. If so then I don't think it will work.

If you think what I said is correct then in addition to that you should use reverse shaper in order to limit the data coming from the server side.

AEK
AEK
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @sliver001,

Please check and make sure Source/Outgoing interfaces are configured correctly. You can also enable Reverse shaper.

Regards, 

sliver001
New Contributor

The interfaces are set correctly because traffic shaping for other services works correctly and is limited. Reverse shaper is enabled.

BillH_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @sliver001 

Hi
I think you should check by command "diag sys session list"
In the output, you should find the correct session in that table. To know which protocol ?, which port ?, which direction? and which Traffic shaping had applied to your video traffic.

RG/Bill

sliver001
New Contributor

I think I know what the problem is. The host belongs to two policies. The first one for the entire network allows full bandwidth. The second one only for 1 PC has bandwidth division. How to set a higher priority for the other one?

BillH_FTNT

Yeah. it is reasonable. I think

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors