Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
xdail
New Contributor

Local account lockout policy - FortiGateRugged 60F 7.4.2

Hello,
I am trying to implement unsuccessful login attempts policy for local users.
So if the user puts 5 times wrong password then he will be locked for some time.
There are two local admin accounts.

I have setup this, but the problem is that it will lockout whole firewall for login and not only user

config system global
    set admin-lockout-duration 300
    set admin-lockout-threshold 10
end

So I have tried this setting, but it seems that it is not triggered. Is this setting even relevant for local administrators ?

config user setting
    set auth-lockout-threshold 5
    set auth-lockout-duration 900
end

Thank you
BR.
D

xdail
xdail
1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @xdail ,

Admin lockout time bans the admin's IP address, not the user. If you change your IP address, you can log in again. 

The second one is related to local users such as the ssl-vpn connection, not an administrator user. 

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
1 REPLY 1
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @xdail ,

Admin lockout time bans the admin's IP address, not the user. If you change your IP address, you can log in again. 

The second one is related to local users such as the ssl-vpn connection, not an administrator user. 

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors