Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cbevilaqua
New Contributor

Fortigate Captive Portal Javascript Message

Hello,

I have setup a external captive portal in Fortigate running FortiOS v5.6.8 build1672.

I have a form in my external captive portal that i submit to the fortigate ip with the fields required (username, password and magic). All works as expected except a message that appears during the login process.

The message is: "If Javascript is not enabled, please click here to continue".

After 1 or 2 seconds after the message appears, the login is successfull, but what is causing this message to appear?

Is some configuration that is needed to do or is related to something in my external captive portal form?

I'm attaching the image of what's happening.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
CHR57
New Contributor III

I have the same problem.

CR
CR
cbevilaqua

I found how to solve the problem!

You must go to System - Replacement Messages and select the "Extended View", then, under "Authentication", click in "Authentication Success Page" and replace the HTML as your needs.

Thanks!

CHR57
New Contributor III

What is it that makes the default code to behave like that?

<html> <head> <title> Firewall Authentication </title> </head> <body> If JavaScript is not enabled, please <a href="%%AUTH_REDIR_URL%%"> click here </a> to continue. <script language="JavaScript"> window.location="%%AUTH_REDIR_URL%%"; </script> </body> </html>

CR
CR
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Christian.  It looks to be your javascript warning is just a text message that is actually displayed to the user - meaning it will be displayed regardless of success/fail.  In cristiano's example above, the Authentication Success Page doesn't actually display anything but directly opens the page directed by %%AUTH_REDIR_URL%%.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors