Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
learningall555555
New Contributor

Enumerating ports in IPS TCP header options tcp.dst_port,--dst_port like p1,p2,p3,pN.

Hi,

i hope that you can help me with one problem.

I installed last stable firmware version (6.0.9 firmware version) on my FG, and currently testing/learning how to use IPS, and how to write custom IPS rules. In first day one problem emerged. Signature don't support   enumerating  ports in one IPS signature.

(testing with syntax  like F-SBID(--name xxxx; --protocol tcp;  --dst_port 2121,137,22,5555;).

Is it possible to enumerate more ports in one IPS signature (not range,  larger/smaller then) ?

I would like that  IPS signature with N tcp ports, trigger  when packets with any of tcp port   2121,137,22,5555 appear on interface.

Example rule which i tried don't work:

F-SBID( --attack_id 9999; --name " Scanning.Closed.Ports_enumerating" --default_action quarantine; --protocol tcp;  --dst_port 2121,137,22,5555;).

In manual i found syntax for single port, port range, larger then, smaller then.

Why we can't have simple enumerating like:  port1,port2,portx,porty, or i missed something in manual.  

Thanks for answer.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors