Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alberto_Noronha
New Contributor

SSL VPN on Fortigate-VM

I' m deploying Fortigate-VM for studying purpose, so I' m using the 15 days trial license. I have already tested firewall policies with NAT without issues. That is just to confirm the VM is running fine under VMware ESXi. I have been facing some issues on VPN SSL and SSL management because I cannot connect the portal from an Windows 7 64bit based computer. I have already changed the certificate to an out of box self-signed one wth 1024bit RSA signature, but the following error is still happening: Error 113 (net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH): Unknown error. I could access the web management interface from an Windows XP VM with Internet Explorer 6 installed, however there are several script errors that doesn' t allow me to manage Fortigate by GUI or to launch SSL VPN from the browser. Has anyone faced those problems? Is SSL VPN supported under trial license? Regards, Alberto
1 REPLY 1
Maik
New Contributor II

hi the trial license only supports a limited encryption set (only low encryption) beside SSL VPN, this also affects the HTTPS Admin GUI. enable lower encryption support in your browser (e.g. FF in about.config, security.ssl....) or, get a demo license.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors