Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Artur_Lopes
New Contributor

FortiOS 5.0.2 update issue

Hi! I would like to know how may I update a FortiOS version 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 by Fortimanager 5.0.2. When I tried to do that I received a message: FGT80C3911615246 # FGT80C3911615246 # FGT80C3911615246 # Update image: Kill all daemons Update image: Check image OK Update image: Checking new firmware integrity ... pass Update image: Please wait for system to restart Update image: completed Firmware upgrade in progress ... Done. The system is going down NOW !! Please stand by while rebooting the system. Restarting system. FGT80C (15:12-11.10.2009) Ver:04000006 Serial number:FGT80C3911615246 RAM activation Total RAM: 512MB Enabling cache...Done. Scanning PCI bus...Done. Allocating PCI resources...Done. Enabling PCI resources...Done. Zeroing IRQ settings...Done. Verifying PIRQ tables...Done. Disabling local APIC...Done. Boot up, boot device capacity: 492MB. Press any key to display configuration menu... ...... Reading boot image 1405717 bytes. ehci_hcd 5035: fatal error I recovered Fortigate by TFTP firmware update. How may I use Fortimanager to do that? Kind regards!
Artur Júnior dos Santos Lopes Human Being
5 REPLIES 5
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Reformat the fgt' s boot device and try tftp the new firmware to the device again. If issue persists run the HQIP test and/or contact Fortinet support.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Artur_Lopes

Hi Dave, thanks for your answer. I would like to do update by fortimanager because I have 18 FGTs. It is not possible to do by a tftp. Thanks!
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If you are getting the same error response from upgrading more than one fgt device then it sounds like a ticket for Fortinet support. If you have only tried it on one fgt device then it is likely a problem with that one device. The purpose of performing a " manual" firmware upgrade is to rule out the fgr (or firmware stored on it) is the possible cause. I suggest manually downloading the 5.0.2 firmware (and validate the checksum) for one of the fgt devices and log into that device' s GUI -- perform an firmware upgrade -- see if the upgrade goes through. But before performing a manually firmware upgrade, I suggest getting someone on site to keep/store a copy of the existing firmware/config on a USB stick in case something goes wrong -- you can get that person to restore both (if it is possible). (But be prepared for the worst.) An ehci_hcd fatal error may be a sign of a failing flash drive. Formatting the boot device may fix it, but you may end up RMA' ing the device.

Artur_Lopes

I have tried with boot disk format, into more than one FGT. Issue is the same. It only works by TFTP upgrade. Ticket was opened. It looks a deploying issue to FGT80C models. Kind Regards!
RH2
New Contributor II

dont update the fortigates and the manager to patch 2. Wait for 5.0.3 I had to downgrade the manager and fortigates to 5.0.1 because the manager could not reconnect to 5.0.2 devices after they were successfully patched to 5.0.2. fmg 5.0.2 also tried to push 5.0.2 commands to the 5.0.1 devices that had not been updated yet. This was with fortigate 100d' s
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors