Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Omar_Fenech
New Contributor

vpn for iPhone using the fortitoken

Hi All, Does anyone know how to connect with the vpn from an iOS device using the fortitoken? Regards, Omar
8 REPLIES 8
kkkhan_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Omer, Please click the link below, for your query and hopefully it will solve your issue, if not let me know. http://docs.fortinet.com/auth.html Thanks.
>>> Never Give UP >>>
Omar_Fenech

Hi kkkhan, Thanks for your reply however those documents are about how to use a mobile device to create a token. We are already using the fortitoken to connect from our laptops to the vpn. What we need is to have the same things to connect through the VPN from the iPads. We need the Two-Factor Authentication when connecting from the iPads as well. Omar
kkkhan_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Omar, You have to download FortiClient App which will support 2-factor authentication using FortiToken. When will popup " Input Token" window then enter your 6-digit Fortinet Token. Thanks
>>> Never Give UP >>>
Omar_Fenech

Hi kkkhan, Isn' t that application only for internet browising? I need to login remotely to our servers from the iPad. I was able to create an IPsec vpn connection and use the native iOS vpn client however that is not secure enough. I need to have the same 2 level of authentication as for windows by using the fortitoken. Omar
kkkhan_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Omar, If you want to use native iOS VPN client with FortiToke authentication you just combine your 6-digit FortiToken with your password. See below example. Your password = fortinet Your FortiToket = 567893 After combining your password look like = fortinet567893 Thanks
>>> Never Give UP >>>
Omar_Fenech
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I' m not sure if I understood it correctly. The fortigate will automatically recognize the last part of the password as the fortitoken or the password is ALL pre-configured? If it is all pre-configure than we cannot use it as it will defy the whole point of having a 2 level authentication. Omar
Jay_Libove
Contributor

(This is on an iPad Mini with iOS 6) I notice that, with token enabled for a user, I canNOT save the user' s password in the iOS IPsec VPN client profile. If I save a password in the iOS IPsec VPN client profile, then when I try to connect to the VPN, it immediately fails. If I leave the password field blank, then I have the option to enter my (long, complex, un-memorable) password plus the current FortiToken code, and the VPN authenticates successfully. This may be a limitation of the iOS IPsec VPN client, but if FortiNet can do something about it, it would be very desirable - to make an initial authentication failure (as will always happen when the user' s password - with no token extension - is submitted from an iOS IPsec VPN client profile) result in the iOS IPsec VPN client prompting the user - with the user' s password still pre-filled (and obscured by ********) from the saved iOS IPsec VPN client profile, to add the current FortiToken code to the pre-filled password field and re-submit to try authentication again. thanks,
phil_big

Any updates regarding using Forticlient VPN to connect IPAD IpSEC to VPN?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors