Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alan_Briggs
New Contributor

FortiClient fails on install

Hi, I need to install FortiClient to access a clients network. I have downloaded the newest version of the client but every time I try to install it gets to the point of " Starting services" then fails and rolls back the installation. The installer gives no indication of any error. The windows event log contains " Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: FortiClient. Product Version: 5.0.1.0194. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Fortinet Inc. Installation success or error status: 1603." I have full admin on my machine and I am trying to install into the standard program files folder. Anyone any ideas?
1 Solution
blahblah
New Contributor

How can you provide installer without signed drivers? Are you living in a cave or something? Nobody can install your 5.4 version because of this. Now my PC is ruined. Full of random fortinet files and registry entries which CANNOT be deleted. Very poor job!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Alan, Is this the first time you install FortiClient on your computer? What OS is it running? You can try the following steps to clean up the system and install it again: 1. right click on " My Computer" , click " Manage" ; 2. Click " Device Manager" on the left pane; 3. From menu click " View" , check " Show hidden devices" ; 4. Under " Network adapters" , delete anything related to FortiClient, e.g. Fortinet virtual adapter; 5. Under " Non-Plug and Play Drivers" , delete anything related to FortiClient, e.g., FARegMon, fortiapd, FortiFW, Fortinet NDIS6..., Fortips, FortiRdr, FortiStat2 etc. If problem persists, you can send us the install log file. It' s in folder %temp%, probably has name FCTInstall.log. Regards, Chris
RobertLDavis
New Contributor

I' m experiencing the exact same issue. I tried to attach the install log, but it' s bigger than forum allows and it won' t accept zip files. I put it on a site where t can be downloaded if you are willing to do that: www.sqlsoldier.com/FortiClient/FCTInstall.zip. This is on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Hi, Robert, Your log indicated that fortifilter driver service was marked for deletion. After reboot and re-install, the problem should resolve. If it doesn' t work, please send us the latest log. Thanks.
Brian_Roach

I' m also recieving the exact same error as Alan on 2 machines. I have followed the steps above, rebooted and reinstalled, and continue to recieve the error. These are also Windows 7 x64 machines. I broke up a log file into 5 parts so it is small enough to post here. Log File Part 1
Brian_Roach

Log File Part 2
Brian_Roach

Log File Part 3
Brian_Roach

Log File Part 4
Brian_Roach

Log File Part 5
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Hi, Brian, We found from your log that FortiRdr failed to start. Did you installed other version of FortiClient before? Could you try deleting any FortiClient related driver & services and reboot (follow my previous post)? You can also delete the network card and let windows discover it again. Thanks.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors