Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
charles_demers_tremb
New Contributor

Forward HTTP-HTTPS to ISP proxy

Hi, currently my users must configure my ISP proxy in internet explorer to browse the web. With FortiOS 4 there' s a new transparent web proxy (i bought the asm-08 module) feature that I would like to use so users won' t have to manually configure a proxy. So my goal is to forward all HTTP and HTTPS traffic from my LAN to my WAN to a specific ip address on a specific port...I tried with policy routing but I cannot change the outgoing port... Any idea ? Thx
1 REPLY 1
mike_ronn331
New Contributor

You can check your external IP address by opening your Web browser and direct to a website like ExpressVPN and IPChicken. You can also write "IP address" in Google to see your IP address. IP address isn't mainly secret, and it's observable by any office website or another online service you visit.

Explore much more by browsing this site http://whatismyip.network/. Still, your IP address isn't essentially publicly linked with you, and you might not need to share it too broadly for safety reasons. In case someone asks for your IP address, you should ensure why they're asking and that you feel like telling them about it, just as you would not probably like to give your phone number, home address or email address to anyone who asks for it. By doing that you would be able to find out your IP address.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors