Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Christian_89
Contributor III

HA Cluster Problem

Hello, everyone
I hope someone can help me.
I have the following problem.
Today I deleted a Vdom on a customer Fortigate 501 E (firmware 6.4.6 in HA A-P).
After I deleted the Vdom, the Forti were no longer in sync, but both were masters.
After connecting to the console port, I got the following entry.

unregister_vf: waiting for LIG to become free. rt_num = 183 vf_count = 431

Can someone tell me what this means
1 Solution
pjawalekar
Staff
Staff

Hi can you please confirm if you have deleted the vdom configuration on the primary or secondary device?
If you have deleted it on the primary please login to the other device and verify if the vdom configurations are deleted from the other device or not.
If the VDOM configuration from the secondary unit is deleted, you can try below step to get the device back in sync: (before that please take backup config's of both devices).

1. Failover to Slave.
  2. Reboot current Master.
  3. Hope for the configuration on the current Master (without the VDOM) to be synced back to the rebooted firewall.

unregister_vf: waiting for LIG to become free this means the resources allocated for the VDOM are getting free once you deleted the VDOM.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pjawalekar
Staff
Staff

Hi can you please confirm if you have deleted the vdom configuration on the primary or secondary device?
If you have deleted it on the primary please login to the other device and verify if the vdom configurations are deleted from the other device or not.
If the VDOM configuration from the secondary unit is deleted, you can try below step to get the device back in sync: (before that please take backup config's of both devices).

1. Failover to Slave.
  2. Reboot current Master.
  3. Hope for the configuration on the current Master (without the VDOM) to be synced back to the rebooted firewall.

unregister_vf: waiting for LIG to become free this means the resources allocated for the VDOM are getting free once you deleted the VDOM.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors