Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RMcCllellan
New Contributor

FortiFilter.sys Blue Screen

Hello everyone. I have a user with a Dell Precision M7550 laptop that blue screens at 99% when connecting to Forticlient VPN. The dump file points to Fortifilter.sys. We have many users with the same PC, same apps, same FortiGate.

I've run FCRemove, reset Winsock, etc. and reinstalled with no luck. It occurs on wired or wireless.

Forticlient ver. 6.4.6.1658, Windows 10 19042.

BugCheck: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYMBOL_NAME: FortiFilter+1ceb

MODULE_NAME: FortiFilter

IMAGE_NAME: FortiFilter.sys

STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 1ceb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1E_c0000005_FortiFilter!unknown_function

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Bart1215
New Contributor

exact same issue, exact same machine.....any resolution??

suzuki_todd
New Contributor

Pardon my language but your support is kinda **bleep**. This is a problem for 3 years with no reply?

Stephen_G

Hi everyone,

I recognize this topic is quite old, but has everyone affected created a ticket with Fortinet TAC? The Community Forums are an ideal place for members and staff to share and openly discuss knowledge, but investigating indepth technical issues such as this one is a matter best addressed with TAC tickets.

If anybody did get a solution from TAC on this particular issue, it'd be great if you could share it here.

In the meantime, I can ask around to see if any of our experts might know something.

Kind regards,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors