Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ray4wit
New Contributor

FortiClient is not stable

Hello Guys,

I am working for a University. My school has forced us to switch from other VPN to FortiClient VPN a little bit before Covid. The Client stops working on my Macbook Pro once a day now. I have to try to log in again and again. Sometimes, it would be back to normal within a few minutes, but sometimes it could take up to a couple of hours. The tech guys at my school keep saying it is my wifi problem. Do you guys have any suggestions about how to make the connection more stable?

Best,

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ray4wit ,

We will have to first rule out few things and find out what is the root cause.

- When the disconnect happens, do you loose internet connection too? Is you WIFI stable?

- If yes, can you confirm if the remote gateway to which you make a connection has no drops when the issue occurs (You can run a continuous ping to the gateway IP or the FQDN)

- Also you need to see if the disconnect follows any pattern? Like do you see it disconnect at a particular timestamp or period of time?

Regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors