Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bobbydigital
New Contributor

FortiGate for VMWare ESXi platform Version 7.0.1

Hello World,

I just downloaded FortiGate for VMWare ESXi platform Version 7.0.1. 

I configured the interface via the URL - https://www.fortinetguru.com/2017/01/fortigate-vm-initial-configuration/

I am able to reach the login page. However, when I enter the correct credentials it just goes back to the login page. I know the system is recognizing the credentials because when I put in the wrong credentials it says "Authentication Failure"

Any idea on how to resolve this issue? So far I've only changed the password and configured port1. Am I missing something?

Thanks for all responses. 

3 REPLIES 3
bobbydigital
New Contributor

Really weird. I can ping the firewall from a host on the same network but the firewall is unable to ping that same host. Wireshark shows destination unreachable when pinging from the firewall. 

However, if I ping from a host to the firewall I get a response. 

Lastly, if I install the latest VMware version of 6.0 it works with no problems. 

Is their an issue with the latest VMware version 7 release?

Thanks for all responses. 

Kangming

Hi 

There seems to be no problem in my ESXi environment. You can try to clear the browser cache, change the interface IP of FGT Port1, use HTTP to log in to the GUI of the firewall and try to use Google browser or Firefox browser.

Thanks

Kangming

Kangming

Thanks

Kangming

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors