Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cooldia
New Contributor

Strongswan as vpn client connect to Fortigate

Hi ,

I am newbie to Fortigate also newbie in VPN related. Currently, i am stuck on client to site  VPN setting.

My linux client is strongswan(Linux strongSwan U5.6.2/K4.15.0-66-generic ). 

my setting as below,

conn home    left=X.X.X.X   <= which is my linux ip and public IP    leftid=vpnclient    leftauth=psk    leftauth2=xauth    leftsourceip=%config    leftfirewall=yes    right=Y.Y.Y.Y    <= which is my gateway wan interface IP    rightsubnet=192.168.1.0/24    rightid=Y.Y.Y.Y    rightauth=psk    auto=add    ike=aes256-sha2_256-modp1024!    esp=aes256-sha2_256! # Sample VPN connections

Question here.

In client to site VPN scenario, Do I need to set up transport mode or tunnel for strong swan setting?

(Just wondering if i need to set up leftsubnet, and insert line type=transport|tunnel in Strongswan cfg.

Appreciated for everyone's help.

1 REPLY 1
Ger
New Contributor II

Hi, I assume you use strownswang because you are using ipsec vpn, if that's the point sorry, I can't help because I tried that time ago and didn't work for me and I just quit. (too lazy)

But if you are using SSL, you can download forticlient for linux or use fortisslvpn (network-manager).

In fact, in my linux (kubuntu) I also have in network manager a strongswan and openswan connection but at least i don't need them.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors