Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
brandkn
New Contributor

Radius remote user groups

Hey guys, I'm trying to create firewall rules based off Radius groups. The end goal is to firewall VPN traffic, certain user groups are allowed to internal resources, and other user groups are only allowed to the internet, etc. The problem I'm having is understanding how to match the remote group name on my RADIUS server (Windows NPS). As I understand it, in Users & Authentication > User Groups > Remote Groups, my Remote Radius server works currently and user authentication works, but when I enter a "Group Name" that matches that of a group of Windows AD, authentication fails.  When I pcap on Windows server, it generates an "access-accept" still, so I think the fortigate is comparing "group-name" strings inside of an AVP and is failing when it receives the access-accept.

If anyone has advice, a known tutorial, written documentation, or another method for accomplishing the same goal, I would much appreciate it.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

I hope that this KB might clarify a bit what RADIUS group match on FortiOS is.

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD36464

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors