Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ac1
Contributor II

L2 Traffic from FortiGate to Fortiswitch don't work correctly

Hi all,

this is my network:

FortiGate 200F <----> FortiSwitch 124F (Single uplink Fiber)

<----> FortiSwitch 124F (Single uplink Fiber)

Background information:

FortiGate Firmware: v6.4.6 build5785 (GA)

FortiSwitch Firmware: S124FF-v6.4.7-build478,210503 (GA)

This is a new configuration.

Single FortiGate connected a 2 FortiSwitch with Hardware Switch FortiLink.                  

All the vlans are member of FortiLink and the address ip of these are assigned on a different Software Switch, one per vlans.

For test, I have created the vlans on switches and I have assigned an ip (I have only a one client connected to the switch).

The issue:

When I add an SSiD to any Software Switch interface the FortiSwitch lose ping to his default gateway of interface vlan, the client in this vlan lose connection to other network.

If I remove the SSiD from Software Switch, all the connections and ping resume.

Another Software Switch interface have a different issue, don't work never. With or without SSiD or other interfaces within the software switches.

Test:

I tried to enable the "set l2forward enable" command on different or in all interface with no results.

I reset all FortiSwitch to the factory and recreate the FortiLink with Software Switch interface with no results.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance

AC

1 REPLY 1
ac1
Contributor II

The problem is the arp time out in the switch. When I add an interface in software switch the mac address change and the fortiswitch have a 180 seconds of time out set of default. This is normal for FGT.

There aren't possibility to decrese these time, the work around is to clean arp table entry for the ip interested.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors