Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ceForti
New Contributor II

Captive portal type

Using FOrtigate 60F. AM trying to setup Captive portal for the LAN interface. Whatever I do firewall shows only the disclaimer page instead of captive portal.

How can I change captive portal to Login prompt instead of a disclaimer page.

4 REPLIES 4
boneyard
Valued Contributor

how is your exact configuration? did you read the manual on this, specially the last section might be your issue:

https://docs.fortinet.com...934626/captive-portals

ceForti
New Contributor II

I got this working. It's working method is not the way I anticipated. I had given all in the user groups section. When I selected a specific user group, portal started to display for end-users.

boneyard
Valued Contributor

ceForti wrote:

I got this working. It's working method is not the way I anticipated. I had given all in the user groups section. When I selected a specific user group, portal started to display for end-users.

that is indeed more or less what the article says:

"When configuring a captive portal through the CLI, you may set security-groups to a specific user group. The result of this configuration will show an authentication form to users who wish to log in to the captive portal—not a disclaimer page. If you do not set any security-groups in your configuration, an "Allow all" status will be in effect, and the disclaimer page will be displayed for users."

joepope
New Contributor III

I setup authentication servers LDAP (and FSSO and Radius work).  Or create local users accounts on the firewall.

Then make user group with the users you want to authenticate.  Add this group (or local users) to the SOURCE on the policy. When they hit the policy the login page will be displayed.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors