Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jocavos
New Contributor

Web Filter malfunctioning

Hello.

I'm trying to diagnose why certain users are able to browse sites they shouldn't be able according to the Web Filter, so I've set up a test computer and I'm getting weird results.

One of the "must be blocked" sites can be browsed despite checking and re-checking that it shouldn't be available for that profile. I've even made a Web Filter "everything is blocked" however it's still accessible. I'm checking the log, and it even logs as blocked, but I can access it no matter I'm clearing-and-re-clearing cache, using Incognito, different browsers, etc:

44 09:06:42192.168..76 88.221.46.198 (www.hola.com)HTTPS.BROWSERBlockedWEB1APP228.52 KB / 1.28 MBclose

Any idea about what can be happening here, please?

2 REPLIES 2
mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Please ensure that you have enabled Deep Inspection as the SSL inspection and the policy mode to Proxy.

Please install the certificate to your local PC and then test. You may refer to this link:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.14/cookbook/122078/deep-inspection

BR,

Manosh

AEK
Honored Contributor

Hello

Please share policy details.

Also you said "certain users". Do you mean it is blocked for some others?

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors