Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rhap4boy
New Contributor

Correct way to reset PoE port with FortiAP

I want to completely turn off a port including power on a FortiSwitch port connect to FortiAP all managed by Fortigate.  What is the correct way of doing this?

I tried change the port Status to Disabled, PoE Disabled, Reset PoE.  I can still see some FortiAP LED light up!

The only way I can somehow make it work is to reboot the switch.  I am trying to configure FortiAP with aggregate ports with LACP using two ports.  If I don't do it in the right sequence, I lose access to the AP.  The only way to get it back is to reboot the switch.  Reset the ports doesn't seem to help.

2 REPLIES 2
Dan_Eng52
Contributor

Hi there, 

As long as the port status has been set to down and you have applied the below configuration in the physical-port settings that will do the trick. 

config switch physical-port

edit <port>

set poe-status disable

end

Just to make sure, are you typing "end" after the commands in order for them to be applied. If you're in the physical-port settings and type the commands without doing so it will not apply meaning the status and POE will remain up and therefore the LED's will still be displayed. 

Hope this helps.

Dan_Eng52

mle2802
Staff
Staff
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors