Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
extayam
New Contributor

Cant Connect to Server

Hi I am having a problem with the VPN when i tried to configure for another user/laptop.

The configuration is good, it is connected to the server when i monitor it, but when i tried to map network folders, it doesnt show any file servers connected.

Attached picture is the working one on my laptop where i can see the FILESERVER folder.

Where as on the other laptop it doesnt show the FILESERVER.

The laptop is running on Windows 10

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

For connectivity related issues I would recommend to collect debug flow and traffic sniffer. Please find the details by following the link below:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-First-steps-to-troubleshoot-connecti...

FortiGate
Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi extayam, im a bit confused about this statement:  "it is connected to the server when i monitor it, but when i tried to map network folders, it doesnt show any file servers connected.".

What do you mean by "monitor"?
You may consider to check Policy IPv4. Create a new policy IPv4 and allow everything from the SSLVPN. Disable all security profiles. Move it to the top. This is to eliminate issue with the Ipv4.
If fileserver is working after created the new Ipv4 policy. Means the issue is related to the policy.

haiqal
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors