Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
EMSQuestion
New Contributor

EMS and FortiClient

Is there anyway to easily change the FortiClient features installed on end user devices.  We have users running FortiClient with VPN only and would like to enable the WebFilter but simply enabling it in the EndPoint profile doesnt work as it doesnt seem to be installed.

If I uninstall FortiClient and reinstall manually it will enable the options but is there a way to deploy the changes from EMS etc?  I dont want to have to uninstall and reinstall on all user devices.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
nicerobot_FTNT

EMSQuestion,

Yes, that's how the endpoint profiles function. As long as the client is registered and managed by the EMS server, it will belong to a profile group (perhaps even default). When you modify the profiles, the changes are pushed to the clients when the clients check in to the EMS. This is how EMS is designed to work. You don't have to touch all of the endpoints.

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

EMSQuestion

Except thats not how its working.  I have enabled the option in the profile and it has not enabled it on the FortiClient.  I suspect thats because the WebFilter feature was not installed when FortiClient was initially installed.

If I reinstall FortiClient from scratch with all features the the FortiClient will enable all options set in the EMS profile......So I suspect it all depends on how FortiClient was initially installed.  Which takes me back to my question, Once FortiClient has been installed how can I add features without reinstalling?

Markus
Valued Contributor

You need to (re) install it, because the features are not on the client. You can't just enable it. Now the good news, you don't have to do it manualy. First (in EMS) create a FC Client installer package with the features enabled that you want to deploy, the create (or edit) a profil with installer option to deploy the "new" FC package to the clients. EMS Administration Guide | FortiClient 6.2.0 | Fortinet Documentation Library

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Hideki_Uemura

Thank you for your reply.

I want to initialize the "Save Password", "Automatic Connection", "Username" and "Password" settings.

Since it is FortiClient 6.0, there is no EMS.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors