Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Maubet
New Contributor

FORTICLIENT VPN - connection only possible with a different Internet provider

Dear Forum, 

I'm writing from Brussels/Belgium and here is my issue, and really hope you can help me. 

Since already more than a month I cannot connect to my VPN, my IT and my Internet provider have not been able to help me. 

As always one says is the VPN and the other says is the Internet/WIFI. In short, since around the 21/05 I'm not able to connect as usually meaning using my WIFI (TELENET), but once I switch to my neighbor's WIFI (PROXIMUS) I'm able to connect. 

My IT tried different things but nothing solved the issue, my Internet provider changed twice the modem and this didn't solve the problem. 

What's also strange is that my partner working from home is not having issues with his VPN (different company/network).

Do you perhaps have an idea of how to solve the problem? 

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks in advance 

Maubet Davila 

13 REPLIES 13
fcb
Contributor

So, your partners VPN. Do you know if it is SSL or IPSEC? is yours IPSEC or SSL? If your company is using FortiClientEMS then this could be your issue depending on versioning. Please let us know the answer to my questions.

Maubet
New Contributor

Hi fcb,

Thanks very much for your reply; I actually don't know what kind of VPN my partner uses but in my company as far as I know is SSL. I'm attaching a pic with the FortiClient version.

Thanks very much for your help

Maubet

chethan
Contributor

Hello,

Are you able to ping the SSL-VPN gateway from your computer or the WAN interface IP of the FortiGate device? (without connecting to VPN)

And also, what error message does FortiClient display when you are trying to connect the VPN?

Thank You

Chethan
NSE 4
ChethanNSE 4
Maubet
New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your reply; I'm only able to ping the IP address when I switch to my neighbor's WIFI.

I've attached the error message.

Thanks again for your help

Maubet

chethan

Please, check the following items on Internet Options.   Use SSL 3.0 Use TLS 1.3 (experimental)

You can find it here: Search Bar, Internet Options, Advanced tab, scroll to the bottom.

Also make sure that you are using FortiClient version that is compatible with your Operating System.

Thank You,

Chethan
NSE 4
ChethanNSE 4
Maubet
New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your reply; I've checked and the SSL and TSL settings are correct. The FortiClient version I'm using is also compatible with my laptop's OS.

I've restarted my laptop but no changes so far.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

chethan

Hello, 

Go to, Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > WiFi (Network Adapter) > right click and select properties

Here, disable or uncheck Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click OK

After these settings if the issue persists Uninstall FortiClient, Restart your PC, and Install It again and check.

Hope this will work.

Thank you.

Chethan
NSE 4
ChethanNSE 4
Maubet
New Contributor

Hello,

I tried your suggestion but it didn't work.

Could you maybe propose anything else?

Thanks very much for your help

Maubet

chethan

Hello, 

I suggested the things that I could. May be someone else in this forum who has encountered and solved similar issue can help.

Thank you.

Chethan
NSE 4
ChethanNSE 4
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors