Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gilbertojr
New Contributor

Linux Repository

Hey guys,

I have a question that I haven't been able to solve yet and I need help on how to do it.
I need the linux servers, be they debian or cent os... in fact, regardless of the system, only their proper repositories are allowed on the firewall.
For example: a debian server needs to install the NTP service and I want to release for a period only the apt-get repositories so that the analyst can run this, the rest to leave locked. Currently to perform any system update on linux or installation of new packages I need to release all targets on port 80 and 443.
Is there a way to restrict this access from linux machines on the firewall?
I tried to look for something like IP Ranges used by each distribution or a service in FortiGate's Internet Services, but I haven't found a way that suits me the way I want.
Has anyone been through this or had this need?
I don't know if that would be the best way to act either.
FortiOS is at version 6.2.7.
Thank you all.

1 REPLY 1
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

As far as I understand the goal is to allow traffic only towards certain linux repositories. In case I understand the scenario correctly you may consider to create firewall policy with the list of IP addresses of the servers or request new ISDB entry. Please find the form below:

https://www.fortiguard.com/faq/isdb-contact

FortiGate
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors