Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Lucascat
New Contributor III

FG-60e vs FG-60f

Can anyone tell me why 60f has "only" 700.000 concurrent sessions over 1.300.000 of the "older" 60e? 

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Probably due to the CPU but keep in mind the FGT60E is lower thruput.

A FGt60F has 8 core  ARMv7 processor 1200mhz fwiw

e.g ( get hardware cpu ) 

processor : 7

CPU Frequency : 1200 MHZ 

model name : ARMv8 Processor rev 4 (v8l)

BogoMIPS : 100.00

Features : fp asimd aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32

CPU implementer : 0x41

CPU architecture: 8

CPU variant : 0x0

CPU part : 0xd03

CPU revision : 4

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Memory size has the most impact on the number of concurrent sessions. And, as far as I know, both models feature 2 GB of RAM. A faster CPU accelerates the rate of new sessions (although not much, according to the datasheets), but has no negative impact on any performance figure that I know of. Look at the throughput figures for AV, IPS, threat protection, they are up by a factor of 3 - this is not due to higher CPU performance but the new generation of ASICS/SPs.

If you really consider putting so many sessions on a tiny box like this, even only 50% of the datasheet maximum figure, you are ill advised IMHO. These 60s are fanless desktop boxes, good for a couple of 10.000 sessions but anything beyond asks for a 3-figure-FGT (100F and above).

First model with more than 2 GB is the 80F. The datasheet figures do not reflect this unambiguosly, though. You will notice in memory usage while it's running.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors