Author
mz161989@gmail.com
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2021/06/03 02:46:59 (permalink)

SD-WAN Connection Freeze (lost) every 10-15 min

Dear Fortinet Team,

I'm facing a problem recently we installed FortiGate 100D on our network.
We have 5 ISPs configured as SD-WAN on FortiGate and out LAN to Mikrotik router for PPPoE service to customers.

SD-WAN set as source-destination IP as I assume it should be the most reliable among the sd-wan options. However, I'm facing a problem that when gaming or VPN, Remote access, work from home customers will complain that the connection is not stable and it cut for every 10 min and freeze.

So I decided to try to route some applications specifically on single WAN to avoid some troubles.
so I created SD-WAN rules, games application to go through single wan, videos on another, p2p and FTP on another, and at the end I put all in/out to single isp as well so that I control the traffic as possible.

But still, freezing and the FortiGate seem like shifting between WANs and casing freezing.
and I noticed the ping on SLA has some spikes.

Is there anyone experience this problem? I would love to like some ideas.
is it possible to set some priority on the links to nail the connection more stable?

Thank you all in advanced

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

mz161989@gmail.com
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: SD-WAN Connection Freeze (lost) every 10-15 min 2021/06/05 11:15:02 (permalink)
    **Update: after enabling session persistence on wan ports and enable neighbor hold on sd-wan the problem seems resolved
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5