Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BENCH93
New Contributor

Regarding the connection to Fortinet from FORTIAP-320B

Hello everyone !

I would like to inquire about the FORTIAP-320B model.  This model is only connected with the computer and I don't use any internet connection  and I'm only looking to have access to the medel.

After configuring my IP address, enable HTTP, and configure my password, I have access to the login page, after seeing my name and password I have directly the result that there while one second  in I go directly to the login page. I send you the photos step by step.

I configure this terminal from the KiTTY software, with a type of serial connection whose commands are on this link : https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiap/6.2.0/fortiwifi-and-fortiap-configuration-guide/65088/for...

would anyone have a solution and answer this problem? thank you all in advance ! 

1 Solution
jorge_americo
Contributor

show photos and output of "cfg -s" please 

NSE-4

View solution in original post

NSE-4
6 REPLIES 6
BENCH93
New Contributor

Like this : 

jorge_americo
Contributor

show photos and output of "cfg -s" please 

NSE-4

NSE-4
BENCH93

Hello Jorge, I sent you the copy of cfg -s : 

FP320B3X13003788 # cfg -s BAUD_RATE:=9600 FIRMWARE_UPGRADE:=0 LOGIN_PASSWD_ENC:=MjcyYjNmM2QyNw-- ADMIN_TIMEOUT:=5 ADDR_MODE:=STATIC AP_IPADDR:=192.168.1.254 AP_NETMASK:=255.255.255.0 IPGW:=192.168.1.1 AP_MODE:=0 DNS_SERVER:=208.91.112.53 STP_MODE:=0 AP_MGMT_VLAN_ID:=0 ALLOW_TELNET:=2 ALLOW_HTTP:=1 DDNS_ENABLE:=0 AC_DISCOVERY_TYPE:=0 AC_IPADDR_1:=192.168.1.1 AC_IPADDR_2:= AC_IPADDR_3:= AC_HOSTNAME_1:=_capwap-control._udp.example.com AC_HOSTNAME_2:= AC_HOSTNAME_3:= AC_DISCOVERY_MC_ADDR:=224.0.1.140 AC_DISCOVERY_DHCP_OPTION_CODE:=138 AC_DISCOVERY_FCLD_APCTRL:= AC_DISCOVERY_FCLD_ID:= AC_DISCOVERY_FCLD_PASSWD_ENC:= AC_CTL_PORT:=5246 AC_DATA_CHAN_SEC:=2 MESH_AP_TYPE:=0 MESH_MAX_HOPS:=4 MESH_SCORE_HOP_WEIGHT:=50 MESH_SCORE_CHAN_WEIGHT:=1 MESH_SCORE_RATE_WEIGHT:=1 MESH_SCORE_BAND_WEIGHT:=100 MESH_SCORE_RSSI_WEIGHT:=100 LED_STATE:=2 process '/sbin/8 #

jorge_americo

As I understand you log on the page and it does not carry anything correct? if so, have you tried another browser? and one more question. it is being managed by fortigate, what do you need to check on the AP page?

NSE-4

NSE-4
BENCH93

I have used all browsers like Mozilla, Chrome, and Microsoft edge. Every time I try to log in, it comes right back to the login page.

And about your question I am an intern, I have just discovered this terminal, and concerning this terminal I must configure it, which is why I would like to access the interface of this FortiAP 320B

jorge_americo

By your conf. It is already configured. it is good to enter your controller (192.168.1.1) to check if it is there. But regardless of that (in the versions I've worked on) it's possible to access the AP's GUI to make new settings.

NSE-4

NSE-4
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors