Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dshortall
New Contributor

Forticlient 6.0.10.0297 Default VPN Tunnel

Hi there,

I've deployed FC 6.0.10.0297 to my user base; it was configured using two VPN tunnel options under the 'Remote Access' tab.

Users report that with Forticlient 6.0.1.0099, they had the ability to choose a VPN tunnel, connect, and then after a reboot of the computer, the VPN tunnel option they chose would appear by default in the FC GUI\Remote Access tab.

In 6.0.10.027, after a reboot, that does not happen - E.g. if the second tunnel option is chosen, and connected successfully, and then PC rebooted, the first tunnel option appears in the Remote Access tab of the GUI. So users are forgetting they need to manually change the option in the drop-down after every reboot.

Strangely, manually disconnecting, or indirectly disconnecting, such as by severing my Wi-Fi connection, does not result in the default tunnel option changing. If I had connected to tunnel 2 and then disconnected, tunnel 2 still shows as the default in the drop-down. Only a restart seems to change this, but I entertain that there may be other triggers.

My question - Is anyone familiar with this type of application behaviour, and know what controls it? Is there a simple way in the GUI for users to control the default (none that I can find). Or is there a specific configuration that controls it? (again, none that I can find.)

My only thought to address this problem is to deploy a new config to particular users, who need Option 2 as the default after rebooting - That config file would either NOT contain option 1 at all, or option 1 and 2 would be switched, so 2 is now the first one mentioned in the config, and 1 is the second.

If the order in which the SSLVPN tunnel option appears in the config, is what controls the default in the GUI\Remote Access tab after a reboot, that may be my best option.

Kind regards,

David

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors