Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
toml
New Contributor

Forticlient commandline tools

Hi,

I am trying to install forticlient with the commandline option.

So I've downloaded FortiClientTools_7.0.0.0029

In the zip file I've opened the OnlineInstaller directory and installed: FortiClientVPNInstaller.exe

After that I've went into the "SSLVPNcmdline" directory and copied all files (4) to C:\Program Files\Fortinet\FortiClient

It asks to overwrite 2 files. Tried both options not to overwrite and overwrite them.

But when I open the FortiSSLVPNclient.exe I got the error:

[image][/image]

How can I fix this?

Some information. Running latest Windows 10 x64 20H2.

The forticlient vpn works when using the gui.

2 REPLIES 2
hector_bas
New Contributor

Unable to see the image you attached, however, I'm betting we are seeing the same errors. Tried same steps as you listed out. Did you ever come to a resolution? Mine is the following:

"The code execution cannot proceed because libcrypto-1_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling may fix this problem."

Visual example of the error message that I am seeing: 

hector_bas
New Contributor

Ok, I think I fixed this part of the issue, at least in my case. So this "libcrypto" dll is part of OpenSSL. Looks like the FortiClient that I had (which installed under "C:\Program Files\Fortinet") had the "libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll" version, but according to the error, it wanted the non-64 variant. On my PC, I had originally installed the OpenSSL win64 version from this site "https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html", however, it seems this CLI tool is expecting to have the win32 version. Once I installed that version, then the tool opened up without issue. Now I'm having trouble getting it to connect to my VPN, but that is a problem for tomorrow!

Hope this helps somebody because I spent entirely too much time on this today. I had even started the process of building OpenSSL for myself before it dawned on me that I could use the site I had previously used.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors