Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rendyadnant
New Contributor

Static Routing didn't work

Dear Fortinet Team,

We had problem that our Routing didn't work (Please see attachment). When we tried to disable 0.0.0.0/0 then enable specified static routing, the packet didnt pass to network. The routing that we made same like Monitor --> Routing monitor.

Any advice for us?

Thank you.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

The screen you attached is Network->Static Routes. But looks fine to me. Which side of routing didn't work? Specific routes toward port15 or the rest of traffic toward port16?

I would test port16 with a specific route route 8.8.8.8/32 first to see if you can hit it via port16. Then change the default routes. Jut remember, if you're doing it in daytime while user traffic exists, all existing sessions are stuck to port15 until you disable the current default route. You might need to clear the sessions toward 8.8.8.8 when you test it.

diag sys session filter clear

diag sys session filter dst 8.8.8.8

diag sys session clear

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

The screen you attached is Network->Static Routes. But looks fine to me. Which side of routing didn't work? Specific routes toward port15 or the rest of traffic toward port16?

I would test port16 with a specific route route 8.8.8.8/32 first to see if you can hit it via port16. Then change the default routes. Jut remember, if you're doing it in daytime while user traffic exists, all existing sessions are stuck to port15 until you disable the current default route. You might need to clear the sessions toward 8.8.8.8 when you test it.

diag sys session filter clear

diag sys session filter dst 8.8.8.8

diag sys session clear

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors