Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ThatDudeFromNZ
New Contributor

Double routers with FortiGate on the LAN.

Have a new new client and found they have a Fritzbox managing some analog phones and not willing to move so planning on putting FOrtiGate inside to manage LAN and leaving Fritzbox on the WAN but unsure of setup. 

WAN --> FritzBOX --> FortiGate -- > LAN

Would I assign the connection between FritzBOX and FortiGate their separate subnet then create a policy to send LAN traffic out this interface or would further config be required?

FritzBOX LAN1: 192.168.1.1

FortiGate LAN1: 192.168.1.2

Fortigate LAN2-6: LAN 192.168.10.0/24

Policy:

Incoming interface: LAN2-6

Outgoing interface: LAN1

all all etc

Would this work? appreciate any help

3 REPLIES 3
countryman
New Contributor

I'm watching this with interest as I have a similar situation.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

The Interface your Fritz!Box is connectrd to is acting as you rWAN for internet then right?

I have one site here that has a Fritz!Box as one WAN too. So Fritz!Box is connected to one of the WAN ports (but you could use any other port too) and I put it into sd-wan as I need some loadblancing to happen.

Then there is just policies to allow traffic to flow that I need to be able to reach the Fritz!Box (like I need to access to Froitz fro HQ via S2S IPsec on the FGT) and it is fine.

Just for inside services (like I had to to for ipsec) you then might have to do some port forwarding on the Frtz...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
countryman
New Contributor

Does the Fortgate have to be ethernet cabled to the Fritz router or can one do this using wi-fi and a Fritz repeater ?  Reason for asking is that I tried the latter and it failed to do any connnection from the Fortigate back to the router.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors