Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
peterl
New Contributor

config backup

On this page: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/best-practices/262994/performing-a-configuration-...

it says to backup from GUI, Go to Dashboard > On the System Information widget, select Backup next to System Configuration.

But my System widget doesn't have such options, see attached.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It's just another documentation error since this part of GUI changes almost every major version. At least my 6.2.7 shows the same as yours. Some documentations copied from an older version didn't get necessary updates.

The config backup and restore is under your username with avatar on the top right corner.

Avatar/username->Configuration->Backup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It's just another documentation error since this part of GUI changes almost every major version. At least my 6.2.7 shows the same as yours. Some documentations copied from an older version didn't get necessary updates.

The config backup and restore is under your username with avatar on the top right corner.

Avatar/username->Configuration->Backup.

Markus
Valued Contributor

Thanks Toshi.. Yeah, another doc error see pic @peterl

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors