Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
eduardod
New Contributor

How to debug fortitoken push notification

Hello,

I have configured Fortitokens with push notification on my Fortigate 601E a few months ago and everything was working ok and the users were receiving the push notifications on their mobile devices were they have Fortitoken mobile configured.

Last week without any notice or configuration change some users (myself included) stop receiving the push notifications, and can only loggin after inserting the token value.

How can I debug what is the problem for this users not being able to receive push notification on the Fortitoken mobile.

Best regards.

Eduardo

1 REPLY 1
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Maybe first, what's your FortiOS version and were there any recent upgrades ?

Any changes to 'config system ftm-push' and is it still enabled ?

Interface through which you'd expect responses back still has allowaccess with 'ftm' ?

All admins has trusted hosts set or not ?

Default port is 4433, and so if you simply telnet to there do you see connection to happen ?

Sniffer on that port shows full TCP hanshakes ?

Check that your device can send push out and receive it:

- FAC uses REST-API and listens on port TCP/443 - PUSH Proxy (by Fortinet) listen on push.Fortinet.com TCP/443 - Google : gcm-http.googleapis.com TCP/443 - Apple:  gateway.push.apple.com  TCP/5223  TCP/2195  TCP/2196

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors