Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
timbim
New Contributor

Ldap login vdom

Hello,

i would like to set up an admin ldap login. So far it works but how is it in vdom mode? In which vdom do the LDAP settings have to be stored? I thought the Ldap server had to be in the management vdom. I want to do the whole thing with the manager but it always wants to create the ldap server in root. We just often don't use the root vdom and that's why it doesn't work. The management vdom is often different. Is the manager making a mistake or can this be adjusted? I have tried 6.0 and 6.2.

Thank you for your help

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Nothing is wrong with it. They added split-task vdom mode from 6.2 as well. We almost always use a separate management vdom in multi-vdom environment since root vdom is used for aggregation toward the internet for all other vdoms. And, yes, you need to move admin user remote auth config like LDAP to the management vdom when you enable muti-vdom mode. Before that, everything is in root vdom, which is hidden most of the part. But you would see some, like interfaces belonging to "root", in CLI.

timbim

thanks for the answer but the problem is the fortimanager. How can I tell him where the ldap server should be? 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

For FMG config managing/moving management vdom function, you need to somebody else. I have near-zero experience for that environment. You might want to repost this at FortiManager forum.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors