Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
shabbacon
New Contributor

Link Aggregate setup issue

Greetings,

First time using Fortigate so hopefully someone can answer me a question on link aggregation setup. We are moving away from a PFSense box to fortigate and on the PFSense it is pretty straight forward. LAGG group/LACP created with 2 interfaces then 4 different VLAN interfaces assigned to that LAGG interface. 3 LAN 1 WAN. 

On the Fortigate I set up the 802.3ag port with 2 interfaces. No IP, No "Role" and created the same VLAN interfaces as above with appropriate LAN or WAN roles. Hooked it up and nada.

Is there something on the aggregate interface I have to set? 

6 REPLIES 6
shabbacon
New Contributor

ede_pfau

Hi,

and welcome to the forums.

Your setup looks good. The only thing which irritates me is that the link state on the LACP port is down. I'm sure you will have the necessary policies in place for traffic to flow. LACP in FortiOS is really quite straightforward.

You didn't mention the hardware, 100E/F and upward I guess. The smaller desktop models have restrictions with LACP.

BTW, your setup is my best practice setup for enterprise installations. One big pipe and lots of VLANs on it. Provides for redundancy, and variable bandwidth for each VLAN.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
shabbacon

Actually this is a Smaller office so I am using the 30 E to try it out. What are the restrictions? Doesn’t seem that should be the case
shabbacon

Also the link state is down because it is not plugged in at the moment.
shabbacon

shabbacon

Anyone have an idea? I saw from an earlier post a while back that a link aggregate interface "HAS" to have an IP assigned and you can not get away from that. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors