Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
michael_smith
New Contributor

Fortiswitch with Cisco WAPs

Hi all

Apologies if this has been asked here before - but i am a newbie to this page.

We are a Cisco Switch and WAP shop - using a 5508 Controller to manage the AP's - but for 2 new sites we have purchased Fortinet Switches (FPOE versions) to go with our Fortigates. We used our standard Cisco AP's (2802) for these sites but since installation have had a number of issues with them.

It would seem the WAPs when connecting to the Fortinet switch only draw 9watts of power (according to the switch) but they should i believe be drawing about 26watts.

When we connected them to a Cisco switch at the site (connected to the Fortinet switches) the problems went away and the AP's were drawing the expected 26watts.

One of the errors we saw advised there was not enough power for one of the radios.

We have logged a ticket to Fortinet and have been working with them (reviewing LLDP configs, doing packet captures etc) with no smoking gun as yet - but i was hoping someone may have come across this before.

Thanks and if this is not the right place to ask please feel free to put me straight. 

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors